Saturday, May 11, 2013

USB Gamepad 3

Did some soldering this morning, got the triggers wired up and labeled for when I get to soldering it to the numpad board.




Started on the buttons, doing the SMT tact switches first. Tried attaching some wire to the pins and feeding it through the board.

(Sorry for the blurry pic, will take the good camera down with me next time XD)
 It works, but its tedious and ugly. Found a way to make some copper pads for the perfboard. Will give that a try later.

Update:
Gave the copper pads a try. Much prettier XD
(first idea on the right, the new copper pad on the left.)


It's a pain in the neck to make the little copper pads, but in the end, it's worth it.
Got all the surface mount buttons attached.


Next I have to start the wonderful process of wiring all the buttons up. Then attach them to the Numpad board.
That last part is pretty terrifying.



Update:
Did roughly half of the wiring. Got all the buttons for pins 5, 7, 8, and 9 wired up together.


In between spurts of working on that, I found some time to work on my mom's gift for Mothers Day.

Then I went to the bar with my buddy. So no more work til morning.

If i have a chance to work on it that is XD

Part 1    Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment